Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lightbulbs

The light bulbs – as I’ve mentioned in an earlier post – will be the navigation of my maze. They will be animated, light up and even blow up on occasion. I was even hoping to have a roll over of some kind but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to fit it in. Here’s just a basic sketchy idea of how the lights will be animated:


This sample, however, looks a little to springy/bouncy to me (even if it is just a sample). By drawing up this it’s helped me refine the animation of the light bulbs.

In my maze I want the light bulbs to swing down from above. To make this swinging motion look as realistic as possible I’ve tied an eraser to a piece of string and dangled it in front of me a couple of times and used this as a comparative for my final light bulb animation which you’ll be able to see in my maze.

Sometimes when you click on a light bulb it will ‘pop!’ or ’blow-up’. I made a sound to accompany this by slapping a ruler on my desk and it sounds awesome! Also, when the light blows-up, there will be lots of scribbles over it as my simple way of saying – it got busted. Also, some lightbulbs may flash a little or become hazy - this is another way of describign what happens in the idea process ;)

These three light bulbs are a very vital part of my maze as they describe me. How? Each light bulb represents the idea process (well, an idea process which I feel I live with). At any time I will have a number of ideas and by clicking on one light bulb or a new set of light bulbs (or more ideas) will appear. Some light bulbs will even blow-up which represents that some of my ideas either stop or never get completed and some will just link back to the start as way of saying I’m starting over again. Eventually an idea will become complete thus leading to my three images of inspiration in this case. These three inspirational images will be discussed in my next entry :D

No comments: